Wednesday 11 March 2009

Presentation

So anyway, I have decided what I will talk about on Friday. In terms of family dynamics, prior to the course, I was always a great one for 'solving' whatever crisis was going on. Not only with the children but also in my relationship with my husband. Though my willingness to deal with issues is probably a good thing, my coping strategies have not always been a good choice. So, lately (faced with a fairly insoluble situation) I have decided on a new approach: Stepping away and just seeing what might happen.

The one major benefit is that I seem to have got rid of an almost crippling anxiety. I think I've noticed this because I've been lugging it around for years. My baggage as it were. Something that started when my father died and I had to become emotionally self-sufficient. An event that coincided with puberty and its attendant insecurities. I really think at the age of 49, I'm allowed to put it down.

No comments: