Thursday 29 January 2009

First post of 2009:


This an update as I found some thoughts still relating to last year's sessions in my class notebook:

12th December 2009

Some interesting personal revelations came to me unbidden in today's class. We were discussing the completion of the personal learning review paaperwork which led to the following discussion: How am I around people very similar or dissimilar to myself?

I realised that i am actually quite challenged by people similar to myself. I am reminded of a time many years ago when a dear friend said I am bringing someone to meet you. I want to see you together because i think you're very similar. Up turned this boy who was very sweet, not a malicious bone in his body but he never drew breath and seemed very eccentric. After he left, my friend asked me what I thought of him. I denied any perceived similarity but what I really meant was: Is that how people see me? talkative but eccentric? Not the image I had of myself at all! But such is ego and the illusionary tactics of self-image. At least there was no harm in the lad, and by extrapolation, me.

No comments: